For me, every December is practice month! I try to work on just one new habit (or two) that I want to implement in January. I figure this gives me a bit of a head start with developing the habit, and if I miss a day or two, I don’t beat myself up about it (or give up completely) because I’m just practicing the habit. It’s a nice way to ease myself into new habits. AND, if I can do it during busy December, I should be able to do it the rest of the year too, right? In December I’m going to be practicing being consistent with my evening routine.
Do you want to join me?
Maybe if you read some habit ideas it’ll inspire you? What about practicing habits of:
- Daily Bible Reading
- Daily prayer
- No phone/screens in the morning until you’ve done _____. (fill in the blank)
- No phone/screens in the evening until you’ve done _____. (fill in the blank)
- Floss/Brush/take Vitamins
- Music/instrument practice
- Create and stick with a written budget
- No phone/screens after ____p.m.
- Scripture memory practice
- Read for ___ minutes (or ___pages) every day
(Click here for ideas on how to read more & then think about joining the Brighter Winter reading challenge in January!)
- Morning Routine
- Evening Routine
- Deep clean zones with FLYlady (I love this and this playlist of zone cleaning)
- Cook all your dinners at home (except for __ special, planned, and budgeted meals out)
- Take your lunch to work each day for the month
- Plan and follow daily themes each week
- No fast food/drive through for a month
- No soda, etc.
- Delete time wasting apps for the month
If you want a simple printable, here’s a free and fun one.
If you want to join in, leave a comment below on what habit you’ll practice! (If you can, leave a comment and also reply to someone else’s comment if you can! That makes it super fun!)