2022 List of Goals
So 2021 was pretty abysmal for setting, remembering, and meeting goals. I didn’t have them out where I could see them, and I didn’t review them, so only two were reached.
This year I’m setting goals in seven areas and I’ve printed them out and hung them up where they will haunt me daily. I’ll also be posting updates every month or so to keep me accountable (I love how Mavis over at One Hundred Dollars a Month does it and she consistently nails her goals every year).
- Memorize 2 Peter with a friend
- Continue to disciple whoever the Lord brings to me
- Use the I Will Meditate guides to read a few books of the Bible super slowly
- Finish Proverbs for Ryan
- Follow Pahla B 5lbs down exercise series
- Track weight weekly / log on Lose It
- Drink 4 water bottles a day
- Homeschool myself (2+ year plan with Modern US and World History high school curriculum)
- Read 24 books this year and review them in my Reading Notebook
- Go on 6 dates with Corey
- Visit out of town family 3-4 times
- Have nearby family over for dinner once a month
- Have friends over for dinner approximately every other month
- Release The Beatitudes Workshop in February 2022
- Release The Sermon on the Mount Chapter 5 Workshop
- Release The Sermon on the Mount Chapter 6 Workshop
- Release The Sermon on the Mount Chapter 7 Workshop
- Write a new Journal and Doodle Bible Study
- Put up a new blog post every Tuesday and Friday (and sometimes Sunday)
- Declutter the hidden areas of the house (attic, closets, sheds, etc)
- Declutter Photos (This will be a year long decluttering project for both printed loose photos and those on the computer and phones. I hope to make an album for each of my sons and for Corey and I and then toss the rest. This is probably going to be the hardest goal to tackle this year. We have So. Many. Photos.)
- Grow a (poison free) garden this year
- Grow, share, and preserve 500lbs of produce)
- Keep journaling about all things in my Homestead Notebook
- Add raised beds along back fence
- Build a new chicken coop and expand our flock
- Dig up bushes on rock wall and use that area for more garden space
- Build an outdoor clay oven
- Clean up gravel path
- Put vent fan in bathroom
- Repaint the bathroom
- Restain bathroom doors
- Repaint spare room
- Buy and install ceiling fan in bedroom
- Replace old door knobs
- Repaint hall and doors
- Keep up on zone cleaning
- Rebuild our emergency fund
- Pay off 2020 taxes
- Save monthly for 2021 taxes
- Use the Money Planner every paycheck to stay on top of financial goals
- Fill envelopes every month
- Find a ministry to support financially and prayerfully
Okay, there they are. All out in the open like that. I will be updating here on the blog at least once a month to keep myself accountable and on track.
How about you? Did you set any goals this year? Do you make them “public?” How do you keep up with them? Which one are dreading but will be so glad once it’s done? Mine dread is tackling the monster of the photo declutter project I have to do.
Love your goals! I have the same photo issue that I’ve had in the corner of my bedroom for 5 years. I haven’t started because I’m not sure how. I have lots of double pics from before the digital camera. Any idea how your going to tackle it? My husbands mother gave him a photo album for him. It had just a few pictures but it was perfect for family memories.
Well, I think my first step is to get one bin out photos out and sort through them and try to organize them close enough by year. Then the next step will be to sort through the best of the best for each event. Like you I have lots of double pics, or like 20 pics of one birthday party and we really only need a few key photos. Those two tasks there seem overwhelming, but if I just do a little each week, and keep consistent with it, I’m sure I can make progress.
Yup! This week for me is just pulling out the bin and getting started with sorting. A little at a time and maybe in a year or so this big monster of a mess will be off both of our shoulders!
If you don’t follow Miss Freddy, she has a great plan for how to tackle all of your photo issues. I’m working through her Backup Bootcamp. She coaches you on how to deal with digital and hard copies of photos as well as scanning. I’m thrilled with what I’ve learned from her and feel really happy with my photos. She also covers how to do simple albums. I’ve got 26,000 digital and scanned photos. It’s overwhelming but she has a good plan to help me focus on what’s important. Hope this helps!
I’m going to start by sorting by person and big events (like family vacations). This month it’s just going to be sorting that way. Then I imagine next month will be organizing the pile according to approximate age for each person. Then it’ll be dividing them up into 4 photo albums (one for each son and one for Corey and I). Ya, it’s going to take months… if not all year. But it’ll be worth it!
Love your goals, made me think that I may have to set some of the same for myself. Those of us who grew up taking TONS of pictures, that should be all our goal to declutter-yet for me it may take a couple of years for me to declutter.
Ugh, the pictures. Yes. I start tomorrow on just sorting. I can do that right? No throwing away or deciding yet, just sorting through the massive bin under our bed. Just a little at a time.
Love your goals. It helps me to think about what goals I want/need to set for myself. I have always had “things I want to do,” but I never list them, so they never get done. Now though, I have a place to put them. We’ll see how it goes this year!
Did you get a planner or bullet journal to try? Keep me updated on how it’s going and what you’ve got planned, I’d love to hear!
Thank you for sharing your goals. They make you a very interesting and inspirational woman! I have enjoyed following you through the years and always learn something new. I am going to use the workout videos that I never would have found without you! Thank you for making a difference in my life 🙂
Awesome! I love it! That’s what we’re here for, right? To encourage each other! Great job! Keep me updated once in a while and let me know how it’s going!
I posted my goals at the beginning of 2021, thinking I would follow up monthly like Lori at Generous Wife does. But it never happened, the follow up. Maybe I can do better in 2022.
I mean, we have to keep trying right?
I have several very LARGE boxes of photo albums that I put together years ago from our trips & just family life. Plus a big one for each of our three youngest children (we also have 4 older kids who were fosters we adopted, so don’t have any pictures when they were young). I took apart several of the albums from many years ago, the albums were the NON-archival kind, so the photos were almost ruined; those photos are now in smaller boxes, somewhat organized. But the idea of going through ALL those photos, deciding, scanning, whatever. Ugh. PLUS the digital ones from the past, what? nearly 20 years–alarming!