How are you guys doing? Are you preparing for the new school year? This is kind of like the second January of the year, a great time to refocus and make some goals. I’m also reviewing my goals and making some changes.
Lower Prices on EVERYTHING
Speaking of changes, the first big change I want to tell you about is pricing changes. I’m feeling the pinch with the cost of EVERYTHING going way up, so in an effort to make your time in studying the Bible more affordable, I’ve lowered the price on EVERYTHING permanently on my blog and on Amazon.
All printed paper studies on Amazon are now just $8.99. That means my profit margin is basically next to nothing, but whatever. If you have done studies of mine in the past and if you share with your friends, and/or leave me a review on Amazon, that would be so appreciated!
Plus I’m giving you an additional 10% off ALL my digital products until the end of the month. Find all of them here, and use the code AUGSAVE10 for an additional 10% off. Again, if you share the word and leave reviews, it is SO appreciated!
Speaking of goals, here’s how mine look so far, (updates after the *)
- Memorize 2 Peter with a friend *in progress. not doing very well though. I’m going to be writing the verses out and just rereading the book over and over.
- Continue to disciple whoever the Lord brings to me *ongoing
- Use the I Will Meditate guides to read a few books of the Bible super slowly *Almost done with Volume 4, just the book of Ruth left!
- Finish Proverbs for Ryan *Ugh. I’m currently on Proverbs 19. So close, but so, so far.
- Follow Pahla B 5lbs down exercise series *Still doing this and not hating it!
- Track weight weekly / log on Lose It *Still doing this
- Drink 4 water bottles a day *Averaging 2-3, need to be more intentional
- Homeschool myself (2+ year plan with Modern US and World History high school curriculum) *This all changed with the book The Well Educated Mind. Working on that plan now and still plugging along reading Don Quixote, now on the second part of the book.
- Read 24 books this year and review them in my Reading Notebook *Ugh. Reading, but not recording them in my Notebook. Hope to remedy that soon before I get so behind I just give up!
- Go on 6 dates with Corey *one done
- Visit out of town family 3-4 times *One down, 3 more to go
- Have nearby family over for dinner once a month *Averaging about every 6 weeks
- Have friends over for dinner approximately every other month *Probably averaging about every 6-8 weeks, which I’m good with because there is a lot of other dinners we’re hosting too!
Release The Beatitudes Workshop in February 2022DONE! Release The Sermon on the Mount Chapter 5 Workshop*This was changed to be a booklet, so as to save you precious money and make it available ASAP for those who were already done! So these are all marked off and DONE! Release The Sermon on the Mount Chapter 6 WorkshopDONE! Release The Sermon on the Mount Chapter 7 WorkshopDONE!
- Write a new Journal and Doodle Bible Study *Starting 1 Peter 4 in my personal study, and starting the formatting for it! It’s coming along!
- Put up a new blog post every Tuesday and Friday (and sometimes Sunday) *meh. Sorry! Working to improve!
- Declutter the hidden areas of the house (attic, closets, sheds, etc) *Yes! Just the garage and camping stuff left to go through.
- Declutter Photos (This will be a year long decluttering project for both printed loose photos and those on the computer and phones. I hope to make an album for each of my sons and for Corey and I and then toss the rest. This is probably going to be the hardest goal to tackle this year. We have So. Many. Photos.) *I am definitely making progress. Almost all of the print photos have been culled and divided up between each son. I’m now trying to roughly sort them according to age (infant, not walking yet, walking, school years) and then box them up. I ordered these boxes. Any bigger photos will go into an album. Haven’t touched the years and years and years of digital photos yet.
- Grow a (poison free) garden this year *Still dealing with poison, but it’s growing!
- Grow, share, and preserve 500lbs of produce) *So far up to about 50lbs. The poison and cold spring have really slowed things down.
- Keep journaling about all things in my Homestead Notebook *This is like my reading notebook, I’m so behind! Gotta get it out in the evenings and work on it!
Add raised beds along back fenceDONE! Build a new chicken coop and expand our flockDONE! *need to share a blog post about the super cheap coop my husband built with a bunch of free pallets we scavenged (with permission!) from around town. We only paid for screws and latches! Dig up bushes on rock wall and use that area for more garden spaceDONE! *we planted two apple trees (no apples this year, but hopefully in the next couple!) and corn there.
- Build an outdoor clay oven *still want to do this. No progress.
- Clean up gravel path *bleh–Currently Actively Ignoring this. We have a mess of pine needles that are decaying in the gravel and it’s a mess.
Put vent fan in bathroomDONE!
- Repaint the bathroom *I bought the paint, just waiting till cooler weather this fall.
- Restain bathroom doors *same as above
Repaint spare roomDONE!
- Buy and install ceiling fan in bedroom *I should start looking on Craigslist or at the ReStore.
Replace old door knobs
- Repaint hall and doors *same as above
- Keep up on zone cleaning *Waiting for the magic motivation fairy to show up to help me make it through each zone fully each month. She hasn’t arrived yet.
- Rebuild our emergency fund *slllooooowwwww going
Pay off 2020 taxesDONE
- Save monthly for 2021 taxes *Savings on track
Use the Money Planner every paycheck to stay on top of financial goals*switched to a simpler system
- Fill envelopes every month *doing okay here… but inflation has made some envelopes have to sacrifice for others
Find a ministry to support financially and prayerfullyDONE
How are you doing on goals? Did you make any? Are you making progress? Even better, do you have a mess of digital photos and know what to do with them? Send help!